When it comes to easy suppers, I have a handful of fast and reliable recipes. This is one of them. It doesn’t get any easier than these 10 – minute pan fried Greek chicken breasts. Succulent chicken fillets sautéed in a lemony rosemary olive oil.
I’ve spoken before about the versatility of recipes and these Greek chicken breasts fit the bill. Here are several serving suggestions:
- Greek chicken burgers (I use this spelt hamburger bun recipe)
- Scrumptious for wraps, ’cause who doesn’t love a wrap? Think flatbreads, hummus, rocket, fried halloumi, cherry tomatoes and slices of this awesome Greek chicken. (I’m having this one tonight)
- Tabbouleh inspired bulgar wheat salad topped with Greek chicken breasts and chunks of Danish feta.
- A loaded Greek chicken salad – piles of olives, feta, red onions and crispy cos lettuce (Banting friendly and gluten free)
- Creamy lemon tagliatelle pasta, strips of chicken topped with grated pecorino cheese.
And there you have it. Five easy midweek suppers or lazy weekend lunches, done. I could carry on with loads more mouthwatering options, but I’m assuming you’re just plain hungry now, right?
10 – Minute pan fried Greek chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 free range chicken fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon all-spice (mixed spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- zest of 1 lemon, plus juice of half
- 2 stems rosemary, roughly torn
- 1 garlic clove, bruised
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Lay a length of cling film on a chopping board.
- In a small bowl, combine all the dried herbs and spices, salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- Scatter half the spice mix on the cling film. Place the chicken fillets on top. Sprinkle with the remaining spice mix and cover with another layer of cling.
- Pound lightly with a rolling pin to flatten and tenderise the chicken.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Cook the chicken in the hot oil for about 4 minutes until golden.
- Turn the chicken, add the rosemary and whole garlic clove and continue to cook for several more minutes until cooked through.
- Squeeze over the lemon juice and deglaze the pan with a splash of water. (2-3 tablespoons should do it)
- Toss to coat the chicken in the pan juices.
- Serve immediately with your choice of sides. (see above suggestions)