I have a special post planned for Friday but, you’ll need this Easy Granadilla Curd recipe to make it. I love fruit curds. They’re an excellent way of using up a glut of fruit, an extension of the season, as it were. My grandmother used to make a deliciously tart lemon curd to spread on hot buttered toast. I like to serve this easy granadilla curd with thick Greek yoghurt and fresh berries for a light summer dessert or dolloped on a pavlova. The recipe is based on this 4 – minute lemon curd.
My father gave me a lemon tree for my birthday 7 years ago. It’s been barren for six of the seven. Last year it bore 2 hard, juiceless lemons. I was on the verge of plucking it out and replacing it with something less fickle but decided to give it another chance. Seven must be our lucky number. Finally we have a crop of knobbly-skinned lemons. It’s by no means a bumper crop, but enough to keep us well-juiced. I love that they’re organic and unwaxed, the rough skins perfect for zesting. Should you be lucky enough to have a lemon tree, this easy granadilla curd will relieve you of a few lemons. I’d make a double batch and share with other curd lovers.
Easy Granadilla Curd
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 180ml (3/4 cup) fresh granadilla pulp
- 3 eggs, plus 1 yolk, lightly whisked together
- a pinch of salt
- 80g (1/3 cup ) butter, cut into cubes
- Place the sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a heat-proof bowl and stir to combine. Add the granadilla pulp and whisk together to break up granadilla pulp strands. Add lightly beaten eggs and whisk well to incorporate.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, whisk thoroughly, then repeat this process 7 to 8 times until the curd is pale and fluffy.
- Add the butter and whisk to combine. Once the butter is completely melted and the curd silky, add the salt and stir through.
- Pour into sterilised glass jars and seal. Once cooled, store in the fridge until ready to use.
The Bibby’s Kitchen Cookbook
Find out all about my first cookbook by clicking here.
Purchase my new eBook “Beautiful Home Food – Recipes From Bibby’s Kitchen” here.
Hello, I’m Di
Welcome to my kitchen, a creative gathering place where meals are shared with family and friends, celebrating life and nurturing our connectivity.