Late summer eating is deeply sensory. With heavily perfumed fruits ripe for the picking, it awakens the palate to the joys of seasonality and the integrity of nature’s abundance. If you’re a lover of figs, this Roast fig and Nectarine salad is a must. The ingredients are few and the recipe, barely one, but combined, ravishingly good. I’d say, on a balmy evening when you’re somewhat peckish but not ravenous, this salad would be lovely, along with some crusty bread and briny olives. Alternately, save the recipe and serve as a glorious opener to a sprawling weekend lunch.
Roast Fig and Nectarine Salad with Burrata
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) butter
- 45ml (3 tablespoons) honey
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) red wine vinegar
- 10-12 fresh figs, halved
- several sprigs thyme
- 3 nectarines, sliced into wedges
- 6-8 slices prosciutto
- 2 burrata balls
- 40g rocket
- a generous handful of fresh basil
- 60ml (4 tablespoons) extra virgin olive oil
- 45ml (3 tablespoons) fresh lemon juice
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) honey
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) Dijon mustard
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- Start by making the dressing. Place all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- For the figs, heat the butter, honey and vinegar together in a skillet over a medium heat. Once the syrup is bubbling, add the thyme, then lay the figs on top. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the syrup is sticky and reduced.
- To assemble the salad, drizzle a little of the dressing over the base of the salad platter. Place the rocket and basil on the platter and toss lightly to dress. Arrange the nectarines, prosciutto, burrata and warm figs on top. Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve immediately.
Roast Fig and Nectarine Salad with Burrata – Developed in collaboration with Le Creuset using the spectacular Agave Collection.
Recipes to make while figs are bountiful:
The Bibby’s Kitchen Cookbook
Find out all about my first cookbook by clicking here.
Purchase my new eBook “Beautiful Home Food – Recipes From Bibby’s Kitchen” here.
Hello, I’m Di
Welcome to my kitchen, a creative gathering place where meals are shared with family and friends, celebrating life and nurturing our connectivity.