Churros French toast stack
- All those in favour of churros for breakfast, raise those hands!
- If you think a grapefruit mimosa should be on every breakfast menu across the land, raise the other hand!
- If you’re already nodding your head, we’re on the same bus……
- Does the thought of deep-fry and hot oil leave you cold?
- Are you tired of cardboard flakes and bouncy, blue-eyed eggs starring you down on Mother’s day?
- Wouldn’t you rather feast your eyes on this?
This churros french toast stack is on the Breakfast club Mother’s day menu. Chunky bread fingers soaked in eggy vanilla cream and pan-fried in foaming butter. Excuse me a moment. I’m just grabbing a napkin to mop my chin…. To finish, a feathery dusting of powered sugar and a drizzle of honey. To cheer things up even further, there are pink grapefruit mimosas to add sparkle and zing to what’s undoubtedly going to be a very fine day. If you’re going all out with a stay in brunch party, here are a couple of healthy options to add to the tray. For an energy-boosting smoothie, this peanut butter banana blast is on point or perhaps a deliciously creamy chocolate and blueberry nice cream (my morning favourite). If it’s granola you’re after, a bowl of gluten-free almond and honey puffed rice granola is scrumptiously good.
Clearly there are perks to being a mum…… Apart from a padded cell with a Nespresso coffee maker and a year’s supply of purple-coloured pods, a stack of churros french toast fingers would be very welcome too. Is this too much to ask? I think not. C’mon kids and older kid. (husbands, that’s you) Whip up a tray of these and let’s start the day off on a
good the best footing. Happy Mother’s day to all the women who make magic happen everyday.
Churros French toast stack
- 5 slices white bread (2.5 cm thick), crusts removed
- 3 eggs
- 90ml cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- butter for frying
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- icing sugar, for dusting
- honey, to drizzle
- Cut each slice of bread into long fingers.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream and vanilla.
- Dip each piece of bread in the egg mixture, turning over so that the bread is evenly coated. Allow excess to drip off.
- Heat a large knob of butter in a pan and fry the bread fingers until golden. Turn over and brown on all four sides and both ends.
- Toss the hot french toast in the cinnamon sugar and place on paper towelling. Continue until all the bread fingers are used up.
- Stack the churros toasts on a cake stand, dust with icing sugar and drizzle with honey.
- Serve immediately while still warm and crispy on the outside.
Purchase my new eBook “Beautiful Home Food – Recipes From Bibby’s Kitchen” here.
The Bibby’s Kitchen Cookbook
Find out all about my first cookbook by clicking here.
Hello, I’m Di
Welcome to my kitchen, a creative gathering place where meals are shared with family and friends, celebrating life and nurturing our connectivity.