My ideal pick-me-up breakfast would include several things – coffee, chocolate and nut butter. Turns out, this Chocolate protein power smoothie has all three. And bliss ball toppers. For those mornings that need a boost, this chocolate smoothie is just the ticket.
Lately I’ve been using avocado in both sweet and savoury dishes. These nutritious fruits are nutrient dense and lend a luscious creaminess to desserts, smoothies and this addictively good frosting. I’ve also added a shot of my daily brew, (Nespresso Purple) and protein powder. If you don’t have protein powder, they’re just as good without. Omit the coffee is you prefer a caffeine-free version, but the mocha-chocolate combo is so good. Finish with a handful of berries, mini tahini bliss balls and cocoa nibs, or chopped dark chocolate.
Side note : You can find the recipe for my cashew tahini bliss balls Here.
Chocolate protein power smoothie
- 1 frozen banana, roughly chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) protein powder
- 125ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 1 shot Nespresso (espresso)
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond nut butter
- 25ml (1 1/2 tablespoons) raw cocoa powder
- 1 large medjool date, pitted
- handful cocoa nibs, for topping
- blueberries and frozen blackberries, for topping
- mini cashew nut bliss balls
- Place all the ingredients, except the cocoa nib, berries and bliss balls, in a blender or Nutribullet.
- Blitz several times until completely smooth.
- Pour into a tumbler and top with cocoa nibs, berries and several mini bliss balls.
- Serve immediately