My ideal pick-me-up breakfast includes coffee, chocolate and nut butter. Turns out, this Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie has all three. For mornings when you need a boost, this easy chocolate smoothie will happily stand in the gap.
Lately I’ve been using avocado in both sweet and savoury dishes. These nutritious fruits are nutrient dense and lend a luscious creaminess to desserts, smoothies and this addictively good frosting. I’ve also added a shot of my daily brew, (Nespresso Purple) and protein powder. If you don’t have protein powder, these smoothies have more than enough going for them, so just leave it out. Omit the coffee is you prefer a caffeine-free version, but the mocha-chocolate combination is really good. Finish with a handful of berries, a few mini tahini bliss balls and something chocolatey like cocoa nibs or chopped chocolate.
Side note : You can find the recipe for my cashew tahini bliss balls Here
Peanut butter chocolate smoothie
- 1 frozen banana, roughly chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) protein powder
- 125ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 1 shot Nespresso (espresso)
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond nut butter
- 25ml (1 1/2 tablespoons) raw cocoa powder
- 1 large medjool date, pitted
- handful cocoa nibs, for topping
- blueberries and frozen blackberries, for topping
- mini cashew nut bliss balls
- Place all the ingredients, except the cocoa nib, berries and bliss balls, in a blender or Nutribullet.
- Blitz several times until completely smooth.
- Pour into a tumbler and top with cocoa nibs, berries and several mini bliss balls.
- Serve immediately
The Bibby’s Kitchen Cookbook
Find out all about my first cookbook by clicking here.
Purchase my new eBook “Beautiful Home Food – Recipes From Bibby’s Kitchen” here.
Hello, I’m Di
Welcome to my kitchen, a creative gathering place where meals are shared with family and friends, celebrating life and nurturing our connectivity.