The only thing blue about Monday morning, are these blueberries. It’s dessert for breakfast. I think all days should start this way. These Chocolate and cinnamon chia puddings pots are indulgently delicious. With just six ingredients, it is the quickest and healthiest start to the day.
For a non-vegan option, you can swap the maple syrup for honey. If you’re not familiar with chia seeds, they look very similar to poppy seeds but are a power-house of nutrients. They’re quite unique in their ability to absorb up to 10 times their weight in liquid. They swell and soften, with a texture of sago pudding. Spoon the chia into mason jars and have them ready for easy breakfast on the go.
Chia, which means strength, are edible seeds from the desert plant Salvia hispanica. These tiny, greyish concentrated seeds contain omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fibre and calcium. With a mild nutty taste, they’re suitable for sweet or savoury dishes as the seeds absorb whichever flavour you soak them in. Thankfully chia seeds are now widely available here. You can find them at health food stores, Dischem or Woolworths. I’ve also used them for this scrumptious matcha granola.
Chocolate and cinnamon chia puddings
- 3 (30g) tablespoons chia seeds
- 220ml coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla paste
- blueberries, to serve
- In a small non-metallic bowl, mix together the chia seeds, coconut milk, cocoa, maple syrup and cinnamon. Whisk with a small balloon whisk to ensure the cocoa combines well with the coconut milk. Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight or for a minimum of 3 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove the from the fridge and stir through. Spoon into two serving bowls, top with blueberries and there you go. Chia puddings for breakfast!
The Bibby’s Kitchen Cookbook
Find out all about my first cookbook by clicking here.
Purchase my new eBook “Beautiful Home Food – Recipes From Bibby’s Kitchen” here.
Hello, I’m Di
Welcome to my kitchen, a creative gathering place where meals are shared with family and friends, celebrating life and nurturing our connectivity.