These Puff pastry S’mores waffles are the best quick kitchen hack to get your S’more fixing. You’re three ingredients away from S’moreliciousness. Let me just say, it’s kind of messy, but hands down the most fun I’ve had in the kitchen with a waffle maker. There’s a fair bit of oozy marshmallow and molten chocolate that escapes, but nothing the swipe of a finger can’t fix.
Here’s what you’ll need for a S’mores indoors waffle kit :
400g store-bought puff pastry
One packet mini marshmallows
Dark chocolate chips or my personal favourite, Lindt 70% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1 x waffle iron (yours or the old vintage model ‘stollen’ from your mum’s house)
The idea for indoor S’mores came from watching this fun you tube video on Food 52. By sandwiching two layers of puff pastry in a waffle iron, the intense heat creates puffed-up layers of flaky pastry, almost like a croissant. You can add any number of fillings, savoury or sweet. If savoury is your thing, you might like these cheesy vegetable waffles, but with my current S’mores obsession, marshmallows and chocolate seemed a good fit.
Puff pastry S’mores waffles
- 400g roll store-bought puff pastry
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 50g dark Lindt chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the waffle iron until really hot.
- Divide the pastry into 6 equal sized squares. Three will form the base and the remaining three will be the lids.
- Place about a tablespoon of chocolate in the centre of each base pastry followed by a handful of marshmallows. Top with a pastry lid and press the edges together lightly to seal.
- Place in the waffle iron and close the lid without pressing completely closed. Toast for several minutes until the chocolate is melted and the pastry is golden.
- Remove and dust with powered sugar.